Meet Pat

Video (Meet Pat) -

Monday, March 14, 2016

Whimsiquills Lives On!!

New products from Quilled Creations. Color Blend vellum strips (with different shades on the same strips) ; these are NOT graduated or dark center strips-very unusual. I can't wait to see what you all do with them. Also a new Savvy Slotted quilling tool with a very narrow slot; it is smaller than I expected, (about 4" long); it fits in the palm of your hand so only your fingers turn the slotted end, definitely easier on the wrist.





I finally have gotten up the nerve to write about this. This last year has been a real struggle for me both personally and professionally. I had to give up doing my custom work because of severe hand tremors and have been going through a battery of tests to find out why I have become a "frequent faller" (you don't get miles for being a "frequent faller", just bruises, black eyes, broken bones and concussions.) But all is not lost! Whimsiquills lives on! Just when I was ready to give up after thirty-five years of "growing" Whimsiquills, our children intervened. They built ramps to make it easier for us to get in and out, installed a stair lift to lessen the odds of me taking a header going down for inventory.Then our son Stephen stepped up and asked if he could help by warehousing the inventory and handling the orders and shipping. Stephen does some beautiful woodworking and said he would handle Whimsiquills in between his woodworking projects. So all of our inventory has been moved to Massachusetts. I am really happy that we can keep the business in the family; we have such a special relationship with our customers and I know that will continue now that Stephen is involved.

So to explain how this works, you can order on the web site just like always; our shipping times are pretty much the same. Orders that come in before noon generally go out the same day. If the order weighs less than one pound we will ship it first class unless you request Priority. We have built the inventory up and added Quilled Creations shades packs, their new color blends and of course we have always carried all of their tools and kits. So now we have Lake City, Paplin, J&J specialty papers, and Quilled Creations all in one place. I am still here to answer questions and can be reached by phone 1 877 488 0894 or email Whimsiquills@cox.net. I don't generally work weekends any more but do check on messages and emails. If I don't answer the phone during business hours 9-5. Monday-Friday I am probably at physical therapy or the doctors, but I promise I will get back to you. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Phone 1 877.488.0894


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone who was so instrumental in helping me when I first started quilling, I am always thrilled when you post. You are like an old friend I never met. Congratulations to you for continuing to move forward. You have so much to offer the quilling community and your roots in the NAQG are not forgotten. Thank you for your continuing support of this art and please take care of yourself.

Michele Johnson

Unknown said...

Thanks Michele!

Toni said...

Thank you for posting! I'm happy that you're able to keep Whimsiquills going with the help of your family. When I teach classes, your site is my top recommendation.

Thank you for contributing to the continuation of this art here in the US.